What every business owner needs to know about web sites
2 hour lunch & learn format. Non-technical for business owners
Sponsored by: Noble Chamber of Commerce, Discover Church & Mid-America Technology Center
The rules for good web design have changed over the last ten years. Users have much clearer expectations of what they want from a website, mobile devices are changing the format of the display, and design standards have evolved.
Today’s most effective websites are designed with modern, no-nonsense, mobile users in mind. This two hour lunch-and-learn class will explain to business managers the best design principles for modern websites, and the most effective ways to organize your website to get results.
What you will learn:
- Why your website should be designed like an “airport” instead of an “amusement park”.
- Why an overpowering graphic design can actually make your site less usable.
- How to deal with desktop, tablet and mobile users with the same design.
- Three questions that will help you define the navigation for your site.
- How to develop a content plan.
- What should be on the home page.
- Three rules to improve your search engine optimization.
- How to measure the effectiveness of your website.
This is a non-technical seminar designed for business owners and managers. Graphic design skills are not required, and we will not be teaching how to program websites in this session.
Designing Effective Websites
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Discover Church, 1002 Hamilton Dr, Noble OK 73068
Cost: $10 for Noble Chamber members, $15 for non-members (price includes lunch)
Register online: http://www.matech.edu/bis/sbm/noble/