Probably so. The latest research published by Pew Research Center (August 2013) has the following findings:
- 72% of online adults use social networking sites.
- Almost 90% of online adults between 18 and 29 use social networks. (no surprise there)
- 60% of online adults between 50 and 64 use use social networks.
- 43% of online adults over 65 use social networks, up from 8% only 3 years ago.
- Hispanics and Blacks are slightly more likely to use social networks than Whites.
- Education and household income have very little affect on usage.
- Urban residents have slightly higher usage than rural, but almost within the error margin.
- Women are slightly more likely than men, but the gap is almost closed.
So regardless of age, race, gender, economic or social status, the odds are your customers and prospects are using social media. Is it time to develop a social media plan for your business or organization?
Read the full report at PewInternet.org: