It’s that time of year. Whether you work for a church or charitable non-profit, your website will probably get more new visitors this month than any other month of the year. Is it ready and up-to-date?
Here are six quick things to check before the rush of new visitors start hitting your site:
1. Update your top news story. Verify your latest news story is about Christmas or year end and not your 4th of July picnic.
2. Verify your data. Check your address, phone number, hours, and contact information are up-to-date.
3. Update your social media links. Make sure new guests can easily find your social media.
4. View your site on a mobile device. Hopefully by now you have a mobile-friendly website. Many website visitors will view your site from their phones. Does it give a good first impression? Is all the important info there?
5. Post event details on the front page. Put the details of your Christmas services, programs, or fund raisers on the front page of your site. Don’t expect visitors to dig through your site looking for details the week before Christmas.
6. Clearly present your recommended next steps. After people come to your site, what do you want them to do? Make it easy to find. Include a prominent call to action that asks them to come visit, buy tickets, or donate now.
Your website can be a great tool for helping communicate to new prospects. Now is the time most people are thinking about churches and charities. Make sure your website is ready for them!