Five things you can check in five minutes…
It’s August. Summer is almost over, school will start soon, and many businesses are getting ready for their busy season.
It’s also a good time to review your website and social media. Many of your customers and new prospects will be seeing them in the next few months. Now is a good time to make sure they are up to date.
Frankly, many business websites are embarrassing and don’t give a professional first impression. Here are five things you can check in five minutes:
1) Check the information on your website and social media. Is it all correct? Did any phone numbers or contacts change since you last updated the site?
2) Check the news. Is your last news article or blog post several months old (or years)? Does your site look like you went out of business months ago and nobody remembered to turn off the website?
3) Check the mobile view. More and more people are using smartphones and tablets on a regular basis. Many are even using mobile devices for their primary internet access. How does your site look on a smartphone and tablet? Is is useable? Does it look professional?
4) Check the message. Does your site present the message you want today? Has your business focus changed? Do you have seasonal marketing messages that needs to be updated?
5) Check the style. Is your site design clean and simple — easy to view on mobile devices? Or does it look old-fashioned, like it was designed years ago when people thought you just couldn’t have too many graphics?
Now is the time to update your site. Your website will be the first impression for many of your new prospects this fall. Don’t let an embarrassing website make you look unprofessional and maybe even cost you business.
Main Street offers free website audits. Call or email today to schedule a no-obligation evaluation of your current website.